Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Four Months Old

We have some very happy news to report! On Thursday, January 8, 2009, Carter Thomas Kavanagh entered this world, weighing 8 pounds 13 ounces. We have seen pictures and can't wait to meet him. He is truly a beautiful baby boy. Thinking about Carter's birth reminded me of Grace's birth and all the amazing feelings associated with it. The feeling of meeting, touching and kissing your child for the first time is utterly indescribable. Congratulations Staci and Brian... May you enjoy this ride as much as we have!

Grace turned four months old today, and I cannot believe it. Each day that we get to spend with her continues to be a day of excitement, delight, and utter amazement. Our love for her grows each day as we count our blessings.


When we first brought Grace home from the hospital, we would place her to sleep in the crib vertically, as to make her feel more secure in the crib. We have long abandoned that way of sleeping, as she has grown much too long. The picture on the top is Grace the day we took her home from the hospital. The one on the bottom, we took on Sunday. Can you believe it?





















Grace LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to stand up now! We always hold her up by her arms and she rocks out! I think it makes her feel big and strong!




Every time I look at Grace, I am struck with the most insane feeling that I am looking directly into Todd's eyes. Although I do see that she has some qualities of mine, she definitely is her father's daughter.


Here are some pictures of Grace getting ready for her bath. I always place her on the bathroom rug while I fill up the bath and she gets really excited and kicks up her legs until I pick her up to place her in her bath.

Every time that she smiles, our hearts melt. Is there anything better than a baby's smile?




1 comment:

Alli Warren said...

O, she kills me.

I miss her!!