Saturday, May 16, 2009

2/3 of a year

Grace turned 8 months on Wednesday- we can't believe it! On Mother's day she blessed us with a 5:30 am wake up (her new weekend wake up). However, she is the sweetest baby in the morning always laughing and cooing in her crib. I don't mind it, although I am now unable to stay up on the weekends. Her new babble is, "die, die, die" (I hope she is not trying to tell us something!).

Todd made me 2 delicious dinners on Saturday and Sunday for Mother's Day and let me take a very nice nap on Sunday while he took care of Grace. I have not taken a nap in a long time, so it was so appreciated! It was the best 20 minutes of sleep I have had in a long time.

We have been looking at houses and it has been very tiring and stressful (what happened to this being a buyer's market?- I guess if you have lots of money it is). It is also very sad to know that we will be leaving SF soon. We love this city so much and wish we could raise Grace in our neighborhood. The city gives you so much, it will be like losing a best friend when we finally move. Since going back to work, I have become quite a good mule. Every morning I strap Grace into her sling, grab my pump, diaper bag, Grace's daycare bag and my big pink lunch bag, hoist them over my shoulder, grab my tea with the other hand, walk several blocks to where I have parked my car (wherever I have found a spot the day before after driving around for 20 minutes). It's a great workout! I would be willing to do all of this if we could stay here :(

FOOD RECAPS
Baby G has become quite the little eater, a true SF baby. Grace's new favorites are black beans and garbanzo beans. We really have been enjoying making her food and are so excited for all the great summer fruits in season!

Back in April we made some organic Kale baby food because we wanted her to start getting some greens and kale is one of the most nutrient-rich greens. After we made it, we knew that we had wasted our money (and organic kale is not cheap). It's flavor was quite strong and the texture after pureeing was sort of mealy.

On Friday I defrosted a cube and also some sweet potatoes to mix in with it should she despise the taste. Well, there was no need for that- she loved it and kept opening her mouth for more. I am so proud of my little girl loving a Superfood! Today we bought a ripe mango that we mashed and she loved that too (much better than the jarred mango/banana combo). It is fun to be able to give her foods with more texture.

We have also been trying to introduce Grace to finger foods- we gave her some peas that she just smashed all over the place. Although it was entertaining, it was not successful (I had to feed her them). A few weeks ago, I found some little brown rice puffs (happy bellies) that dissolve in the mouth and I thought I would give those a try. She really had no idea what to do with them either. She would hold them, transfer them between fingers, smash them, throw them, anything but eat them. Well, it took her a few weeks, but here is what she is able to do now>>>>


***I wanted to tell you that we added a Followers Tab to our blog. We would LOVE to know who reads our blog, so please add yourself to it (located on the right side of our page)! Thanks everyone for your comments and support! I can't wait for the Summer so I can post more often than I am now! Only 13 more days!!!!!!!***

No comments: