As many of you know, we have left our favorite city for the suburbs of San Bruno! We bought our first home and moved in on Friday. This has been a stressful (stressful), exciting and bittersweet experience for our family. Todd and I love San Francisco and we tried so hard to make living there possible for us. As I packed my last box and headed out the door with Grace on Friday morning, I felt an overwhelming sense of sadness. This was are home for so many years- we had Grace here and it will be a hard adjustment not to be living here.
Moving to a bigger place could not have come sooner, as the last few weeks we were in the house, Grace learned how to sit up on her own, climb on her knees and peek over the bumpers ("hello Mom and Dad, come play with me," she'd seem to say as she stared right at us). We had resorted to laying the quilt over the bars of the crib and putting her in a sleep sack at night.
This is what we were living in for a few weeks!
Grace loved to hang out in the bins (yes, I know we are very bad parents!)
Grace loved to hang out in the bins (yes, I know we are very bad parents!)
Yeah, I said we were bad parents-- look at the sticker at the top of the box
still room to play in her entertainer

The move went so smoothly, for the first time as adults we hired MOVERS! Heaven sent! Our movers were amazing- we could not have been happier with Delancey Street Movers. If you need movers and you live in the LA or SF area, definitely worth hiring (and you are supporting a worthy foundation while you are at it).
We worked like mad people and unpacked every box by Sunday... I have more decorating and picture hanging to do, but we are very settled. I was able to complete Grace's Room, which feels very good! We are still getting used to things we did not have in SF: a washer dryer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, garage, counterspace, a room for our child, etc..... I plan to cook my first real meal in our fabulous kitchen tonight!
Bathroom

We decided that my dresser looked perfect in her room (sorry Grace- all my clothes are still in there!)
Yard you ask? Where are the pictures of the yard? Well I have left those out. It will be a work in progress and I will post pictures when we get it done.We have had a busy month. We attended two wonderful weddings: Mark and Nicole's in Winters and Patricia and Francisco's in San Mateo.
Mark and Nicole's Wedding
the ceremony was amidst lavender fields.
the ceremony was amidst lavender fields.
the gorgeous couple


The reception was down the steps and was nestled between sycamore trees. And did I mention, they had a 10 piece band and four singers.

My folks came for a very quick visit to watch Grace while we went to Patricia and Francisco's wedding. It was a fun weekend, but both Todd and Grace were ill, so it hindered many of our plans. My sister Allison moved to the Lake Merritt Area in Oakland and she has a very cute apartment in an old craftsman's home. I hate that the Bay Bridge separates us, though.
Patricia and Francisco's Wedding
Beautiful bride Patty and her parents
Beautiful bride Patty and her parents

Shark Fin Soup

Grandpa and Grace at Lake Merritt looking at hundreds of pigeons flying above. Grace calls all things, "Dad" these days: pigeons, her dresser, a tree....

Who knew Lake Merritt had a gazillion geese.. we were also all amazed by the Storkes that were there.I have never seen one up close, they are huge!
Found Grace one evening with her legs elevated. She had a hard day!!















No comments:
Post a Comment