Monday, September 1, 2008

Baby Showers



We feel so lucky to have 3 baby showers for our little one! We received so many wonderful wishes and gifts. It was so much fun to prepare the baby's room and to unpack and organize all the gifts. We are now just awaiting the arrival of our little one.

Aunt Leah threw a beautiful shower at her house in Los Angeles on July 19th. Todd and I both came down from SF. Todd hung out with his brother while I enjoyed myself with family and friends. The weather was sunny and everyone had a lot of fun! It was a great turnout! Leah worked so hard to make the day special including cooking a delicious vegetarian menu. So many people traveled from far away to come to the shower. Todd's Mom, Pam, flew in from Arizona, Grandma Flo and Aunt Flo drove from Palm Springs, and Aunt Elena, Stephanie and Isobel drove from Santa Maria. Thanks Dalia for taking such great pictures! http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=gevql8b.6l14znz7&x=0&y=7orjlx&localeid=en_US

Todd's coworkers Elizabeth, Becky and Darci threw us a shower in Vacaville on July 24th. When I told my Mom that Todd's coworkers were throwing us a shower, she replied, "at the prison?" Luckily, no. We all met up at Chevys. It was a very hot day and there was so much traffic that it took me over 2 hours to get there! I felt a little embarrassed because I was a bit late. We played some fun games, ate yummy Mexican food and everyone else but me drank margaritas and beer! I was glad to get to meet many of Todd's coworkers.

Adrienne and Alli hosted a couples shower on August 9th at Adrienne and Kenneth's house. My parents were able to make it up for the event which was exciting for us. It was a typical chilly August day. We ate Italian food and drank wine.... Alli and Adrienne really outdid themselves and made it very special. Our camera ran out of batteries, so we did not get many pictures. I uploaded the few we did take on Shutterfly.

No comments: