Monday, December 22, 2008

I'm 3 Months Old!

Adrienne reminded me that I have been super bad about posting on the blog, so I thought I would get a few in before Christmas. I have been a bit on the lazy side these last few weeks! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season with your family and friends!


Grace turned three months on December 13th. We can't believe how much she has changed and grown. Everyday continues to be amazing journey with Grace surprising us each day. Here are some updates:

-We weighed Grace on a scale at home (I am not sure how accurate it is) and she weighed 12 pounds 9 ounces on December 13. She definitely is growing in length as well and has pretty much grown too tall for her 3 month clothes (however, sadly I keep trying to shove her in them!).
-Grace can track objects and people with both eyes.
-Her neck is very strong and she can hold her body up if it is slightly supported. She can now face outward in her Bjorn and sit in her Bumbo, which she loves. I bring the Bumbo in the kitchen while I cook and she loves it!
-She can roll from side to side.
-Although she smiles and laughs all the time, she made her first baby "giggle" this month. It was the best and we are anticipating the next one.
-Grace most often can go to sleep on her own! For naps and bedtime we put her in the crib and she can usually fall asleep without much of a fuss.
-Grace continues to interact with people. She is a social (but cautious) child.
-Grace is a talker. She yells and talks to us and her toys on her mobile and in her gym.
-Grace has decided that she does not like to sleep in the car anymore. Usually, she will pop awake after napping only shortly!

Happy 3 month Birthday Grace!

This was one of the first times that Grace was able to hold herself up on her own. If you notice, she has one glove on. We had a very bad parenting moment and Todd cut the tip of her finger pretty bad (it was bleeding for quite some time). It was definitely stressful but Grace was okay (we were the ones who weren't).

No comments: