Thursday, February 5, 2009

Look What I Can Do!

Here are some Gracie updates:

She consistently rolls over from stomach to back.

She has become even more expressive and silly when she is alert. She squeals, giggles, laughs, and talks. This is most apparent when she wakes up from a nap or when I put her on the bathroom rug.

She can take her pacifier out of her mouth and put it back in. This week, she found her pacifier in her entertainer and put it in her mouth. She often uses her pacifier as a chew toy and chews on the side of the plastic, very clever girl, our poor teething baby.

She goes down every night by 6:30 pm without much of a fuss. She naps in her crib now with little fuss.

We started her on acid reflux medication this week (long overdue!). Seems to help with some of her pain and has helped with some of the spit up that comes way after she eats. She still is having issues with her burps during feedings =( I have come to the conclusion that she is sensitive to her body and environment and vocalizes how she is feeling.

She has become VERY interested in food. We were hoping to hold off on solids until she was 6 months, but I think we will start her on rice cereal in a few weeks when she is 5 months. Maybe it will help with her middle of the night feedings!

She continues to grab her feet in Happy Baby and now has resorted to sucking on them. Todd and I laugh every time she does it. We tell her it is yucky and she just laughs.


Here are some pictures that we took before the Superbowl Party. It was actually warm enough for Grace not to have socks on.




Grace sucking on her foot before her bath. Hope this doesn't become a habit!

We don't often get to see Grace's cute bottom. Last time I had her naked, she peed all over me. Take notice of her mullet (party in the back) that she was born with and has yet to go away. It is the only patch of darker hair on her head.

No comments: