Thursday, February 5, 2009

Vacaville and the Superbowl

The last weekend in January was a fun one!

Saturday we headed to Vacaville to visit with some of Todd's coworkers who have not met Grace yet (except Elizabeth who met Grace at the hospital). The drive takes about an hour, but it took us forever!! There was traffic to get onto the freeway (it took us 30 minutes), traffic on the bridge and traffic in Berkeley. This would have been a good time for Grace to take a nap but of course she decided not to. She does not sleep in the car anymore unless she is really tired. Why isn't she like most babies?

Elizabeth hosted a very nice lunch at her house, and everyone brought something to share. The food was amazing: artichoke dip (my fav), bean and corn salad, fruit salad and homemade chili rellenos and rice. I made Ina Garten's Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (really yummy but like most of her recipes, lots of butter). The weather was perfect, and it was great to see everyone again. I am glad that Todd works with such special people.


Vicki and Grace


Becky, Darci and Grace


Elizabeth and Grace


Grace refused to take a nap while we were there, but then fell asleep when Darci held her.


On Sunday we headed to Richmond to Jack and Christina's house, who graciously hosted a Superbowl Party. There were two precious newborns there: Savannah (4 weeks) and Carter (3 weeks), one adorable toddler, Anthony and two glowing pregnant ladies Bonnie and Christina, who I might add are due within a week of each other! I can't believe how much our group has changed in the past year. In addition to babies, Jack and Christina have a Zoo at their house: a Great Dane, a rabbit, a Macaw and a Cockatiel who talks.

I really did not pay too much attention to the game, but it seemed like it was one of the better ones. Grace cried every time the crowd cheered really loud, which was rather funny!



Grace's favorite place to be: a small rug. I think she likes to look up at us from below. Take notice of the position of my hands- I hate that I always do that!


Charlie and the Macaw

Carter and I

Todd and Carter

Bonnie holding Anthony and Grace

No comments: